Please find a position available at the University of Kentucky for experienced professionals. If you have any questions on the positions feel free to contact myself.
Associate Dean for Research and Director of the Kentucky Agricultural Experiment Station
The College of Agriculture, Food, and Environment (CAFE) at the University of Kentucky seeks an innovative leader for the position of Associate Dean for Research and Director of the Kentucky Agricultural Experiment Station. The Experiment Station serves as the research arm of the Colleges academic departments, the Division of Regulatory Services, and off-campus units that include the Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory, research and education centers at Princeton and Robinson Station, and experiment station farms. The College also has a strong partnership with the USDA-ARS Forage-Animal Production Research Unit (FAPRU) located on campus.
Responsibilities: The Associate Dean position is the principal administrative officer of the Kentucky Agricultural Experiment Station and reports directly to the Dean of the College of Agriculture, Food, and Environment. The person filling this position will participate fully in the overall management and operation of the research related activities of the college including the Kentucky Agricultural Experiment Station. The candidate will work in a team environment with the Dean of the College and the Associate Deans for Extension, Academic Programs, and Administration, as well as department chairs and unit leaders.The Associate Dean has oversight for all research-related academic activities and federal and state mandated programs, comprising an annual budget of around $35 million with an additional $25-$30 million in grants and contracts. The Associate Dean will devise and implement policies for investing in research across the college under a new values-based financial model. Day-to-day duties include:
- Recruit, evaluate, and facilitate the development of research faculty.
- Foster an environment that encourages and facilitates multidisciplinary and multistate research efforts.
- Provide leadership and vision for the research mission of a land-grant institution.
- Strategic and administrative responsibility for grants and contracts.
- Administer Hatch, Hatch-Multistate, McIntire-Stennis, and Animal Health funds and programs
- Research regulatory compliance, conflict of interest management, and responsible conduct of research.
- Implement intellectual property policies.
- Plan and develop resources for research faculty startup packages.
- Oversee the distribution and investment of research support pools (portion of federal formula and recurring state funds, royalties, and one-time internal investments).
- Manage Regulatory Services, Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory, Kentucky Tobacco Research and Development Center, and Equine Programs.
- Provide direct oversight for research farm facilities across the state.
- Lend support for research components of college-wide special initiatives.
- Maintain accountability for research outcomes to numerous university, state and federal entities.
Quentin Tyler PhD
Assistant Dean and Director
Office of Diversity
College of Agriculture,Food, and Environment
305 Charles E. Barnhart Bldg
Lexington, KY 40546-0276